Junior Strategic Planning & Controlling Officer
Area of competence of the assignment
Presentation of the entity and department
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66, 000 employees and serves more than 3, 5 million customers and patients.
Through the passion and diversity of its people, Air Liquide leverages energy and environment transition, changes in healthcare and digitization, and delivers greater value to all its stakeholders. Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
The Global New Energies Business Unit of Air Liquide advanced Technologies (AL-aT) designs and sells equipment for the markets of energy transition : hydrogen refueling stations (HRS) for fuel cell electric vehicles and biogas purification solutions to supply the downstream fuel and gas market alternatives, for the Group and for third-party customers. These energy transition markets are showing dynamic development in North America, Europe and Asia, which are all growth opportunities for AL-aT. On each of these continents, the World Business Unit Global Markets & Technologies, to which AL-aT belongs, is engaged to support the rising market of energy transition worldwide to drive Air Liquide sustainable growth.
Presentation of the team
Since 2019, Air Liquide advanced Technologies has a joint-venture (Air Liquide Houpu Hydrogen Equipment Co., Ltd) with Chengdu Huaqi Houpu for the development, production and distribution of hydrogen refueling stations for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles.
End of 2020 there will be 26 Chinese associates working for this joint-venture based in Chengdu.
In order to continue being a partner of choice in clean solutions for the energy transition in China, the local team is committed to improve the competitiveness, reliability and performance of its equipment, while accelerating the modularity / standardization of its products by continuously integrating the Customer Experience, in order to better face a competition that is intensifying.
This still requires a specific effort to understand the local market requirements and localize / develop some HRS products in China as expected by users and customers in this new fuel market, acknowledging that the demand of this market is very high. Mission description
- Perform periodic operations review and analysis (income, expenditures, inventory) and issue related reports (monthly financial statements, quarterly rolling forecast, yearly forecast and reforecast, treasury) jointly with project, sales and general management
- Perform ad hoc analysis on ongoing projects (cost control, profitability)
- Ensure any project related interfaces between JV and the partners are clearly defined (manpower, material, etc.) and measured over the project life; and respective financial compensations agreed by Shareholders, and represented by Board of Directors, are in place
- Ensure applicable expense reimbursement policy covering any JV employee is in place and ensure the checking all expenses reimbursement request is aligned with the expense reimbursement policy in place
- Contribute to the definition of the strategic positioning, pricing strategy and potential partnerships
Objectives / Results expected
- Financial reporting
- Market roadmap
- Various strategic analysis
- Business School background
- Knowledgeable in strategic planning and business administration
- Appetite in the energy transition and ability to rapidly understand the Air Liquide activities including business models, main processes, customers, etc.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Good interpersonal skills, influential skills
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, problem solver, results oriented
- Rigor and appetite for detail
- Good prioritization
- Develop teamwork and leverage best practices
- English - mandatory
- Chinese - mandatory
Position based in Chengdu, China
Position open only for candidates eligible to the VIE program. Therefore, only the applicants meeting the requirements of the French V.I.E program will be taken into consideration. Please visit this website for more information about these requirements:
Conditions d’éligibilité pour cette destination : Vous devez pouvoir justifier de deux années d’expérience post dernier diplôme, équivalent à un Bac+4 chinois, stages et alternance non comptabilisés. Pour plus d'informations (il existe des cas particuliers) : https://www.civiweb.com/FR/le-volontariat-international/conditions-du-VIE.aspx
Compte tenu de la fermeture provisoire de ce pays, votre mission V.I.E pourra démarrer en France ou dans votre pays de résidence (dans le cas des VIE européens) dans le cadre d’une formation préalable au sein de votre entreprise.